Being Obedient to Job

When you do a job as a professional writer, you are bound to make some unspoken responsibility, that you will do your best to make the job undertaken viable for your employer, and for your own career advantage. That being said, let your employer feel that he has made a right decision by giving you an opportunity to streamline his core business operations.

These days, the commitment to making your job worth the salt for you and for your employer has either transformed into self-centric appeasement of individuals at large or it is no longer a commendable ethical discipline for most. There was a time when commitment shown toward the job in hand was remarkably followed and the enormity of adherence to making your employer's vision success was strongly felt.

I mean no contradiction to the current trend of following the same disciplinary motto as exercised by employees.

Of course, there are countless of them who think that they should pay utmost regard to the job they are doing, and by fulfilling the job responsibility, either emotionally or professionally. There must always be the perceptible sense of obedience, regard, and commitment toward the job, for you are being paid for being the duty-bound employee. Even faint conveyance of contumacy to the job could be tantamount to your disloyalty to it. This show of conduct, I believe, is anathematic.

I have been appointed as a Team Head in a company that is sort of a start-up firm based in Noida. Before the appointment, things were not systematically organised as the team of writers were acting like some unbridled animals, knowing nothing of how to live in discipline and follow the loyalty and commitment expected from them by their employer.

My appointment proved to be a downright intrusion to their self-created fantasy world in which no outsider is welcome and will remain treated as outcast unless the person concedes to the group's frolicsome activity, regardless of you do this on the cost of the job loyalty. I strongly refuted to be part of such a messy, hellish, nonsensical and farcical show of froli-conduct behavior which lent no fruitful result to the job. Very soon my being eyesore to the members of the own team started to be the first impression, and I often eavesdropped some guys calling me by bad names.

And me?

Well, unfazed, literally.

How come?

Well, I have, since a very long time, developed this propensity not to give a fuck to anything or anyone resorting to mockery to my presence in any given situation or in as any given role I am bound to perform. This is because I have got an understanding that responding to someone criticizing you out of the point or out of the whimsical fancy of their own dreamworld makes no sense at all. Worse, my resorting to counterattack to criticism will only aggravate the situation, for someone who has renounced the idea of exercising logic and sanity in a conversation sould be left alone to celebrate the illusionary victory of their whims. By the say, the person will not mend his ways.

I tend to do my Karma and leave the outcome to God. As a result, I think it helped me sometimes.

Today the team I am heading today has just one writer whom I had recruited on the basis of his talent as a writer. The rest of the members were fired and retrenched, and believe me, I felt no emotional kind of sorrow over their ouster. This is because I even do not have respect for those who take this job out of the context, or take it for granted as if the job were nothing but a useless burden. I believe, so long you work for your employer, you have to be rational and duty-bound. This is mandatory and it is quite expected from you as well.

I dont mean to endorse the sense of slavery or preach you to become subservient to your employer. I am not promoting the belief that you should follow the tactic of 'Yes Boss' as most people find it one of the viable tactics to survive in private jobs these days, which is sadly a reality.

Well, I mean to say, being obedient and respectful to your job means you are regarding it as it will finally regard you. This is simply a reciprocal relationship with your job. You respect it, you get back the respect from it.

Respect your job even though it sucks. Leave it if you think that's going to be unmanageable. But never make an effort to misuse the job by sitting idle or taking it out of the regards. So long you are into the job, it means you have taken an oath to be duty-bound toward it.

After all, someone is paying you for your talent and being in job should not mean that you are enslaving yourself to someone you call boss. It means someone has hired your talent and the relationship is just like professional. It is ethical as well not to be disrespectful to your job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six Ways To Write Winning Web-Articles

PM Modi on ramping up testing to cease corona infection spike in India

My Hypothetical Rumination