Content Writing – Brevity Is Wit And Intelligence


What does essentially prompt you reading something? It's catchy headline or the contents? Most importantly, what keeps you glued to a written content? Verbose or the brevity of it? Read why brevity is the soul of lexical wits.


To the best understanding of mine, numerous writers are prone to digression followed by theirs resorting to verbose style of writing. Most of them seem to have preoccupied with notion that much words are necessity to have their say emphatically and impressively to audiences; even though the end result may be different.

I am not against verbose writing (keeping the sense intact, of course). If I gather that particular subject needs much elaboration to explain the latent concept meaningfully, I will certainly do that. However, that doesn't mean to say that I should absolutely resort to it or develop a kind of subjugation to verbose writing to clutter my blog with words.

 
Brevity is the wit and intelligence of content writing. This, which I believe to be an axiom in the context of writing, has been permeated into my credo recently. Months ago, I was so enslaved myself to the grandiloquence that I had virtually made it to be an axiom in terms of understanding that it is the essence of content writing.

Days elapsed that subsequently rendered damage to my creative-thinking aptitude towards manufacturing worth-reading lexical stuffs as I failed to abandon the idea of festooning sentences with words superfluously. That was such a suck, I know that.

Gradually, an understanding developed by reading stuffs on different celebrated news websites and books where brevity of the concepts being said/represented had infused me with overwhelming lesson. Thereafter, I pondered much, analyzed my own style of writing and contemplated what the heck I was blabbing out? Did I elaborate or exaggerate facts on my own? Did my style of writing relate to any whimsical style found on web? Sure, the understanding was of much help - cross my heart on that.

Content writing, if not written point-worthy, tends to lose its gravity. Firstly, people really don't have time to scan though your contents. Secondly, beating about the bush does more harm than good on to your style of writing. 

Do you think that you will read anything senseless with words all over it? Will you quell “had it been short!” wish?

Brevity is the wit and intelligence of content writing because you easily convey your ideas meaningfully to your potential readers. You can, in fact, say a lot impressively with brevity. It also grounds your status as a good writer. Moreover, brief writing has nominal grammatical mistakes as I've experienced this many times.

Comments

  1. Hey, thanks to drop by. good comment :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, but extremely poor demonstration of it. Not only is the article verbose itself, but the syntax and grammar are poor. This is not good communication. Conciseness, even if the author were able to otherwise achieve it, does not mean to do away with articles (I the grammatical sense, as in: "Ever at your wits' end wondering how you'd manage controlling THE irresistible urge of verbose writing?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subjects like grammar are lexically divisive, friend, and (usually) unpinned with extended argumentation (esoteric). If something doesn't accord to your discretion, doesn't authentic you are expert at it. The article was read appreciatively by some English friends who possess tremendous understanding in grammar. Sounds like your grammar merits further evaluation. BTW..thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post give me some good ideas, it's really amazing. Keep it up!

    content writer ph

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Six Ways To Write Winning Web-Articles

PM Modi on ramping up testing to cease corona infection spike in India

My Hypothetical Rumination